Cargo Cosmetics is set to release a Star Wars makeup collection to coincide with the upcoming December release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The limited-edition Star Wars: The Last Jedi makeup collection is being created in collaboration with Disney and teaser images seem to indicate that there will be eyeliners and a highlight pressed powder palette released, alongside other cosmetics labeled 'First Order' and 'The Resistance.'
The Star Wars makeup collection is set to be released just in time for the start of the holiday shopping season at Kohl's department stores.
As many franchises like Star Wars appeal to both young and old audiences alike, brands are tapping into fandoms of all ages with not just toys and collectibles, but skincare collections, makeup, as well as decor and other home goods.
Cargo Cosmetics and Disney are Releasing a Star Wars Makeup Line
1. Franchise Makeup Collections - The success of franchise-themed makeup collections presents an opportunity for brands to tap into fanbases and create limited-edition products that appeal to both young and old audiences.
2. Fandom-inspired Skincare - Brands can explore the potential of launching skincare collections inspired by popular franchises to cater to the growing demand for beauty products among fan communities.
3. Cross-branding Collaborations - Collaborations between cosmetic brands and entertainment franchises provide an innovative opportunity to create unique product lines and generate buzz among fans and consumers.
1. Cosmetics - Cosmetic brands can leverage the popularity of entertainment franchises to create themed collections and appeal to a wider range of consumers.
2. Retail - Department stores and retailers can capitalize on the holiday shopping season by featuring limited-edition franchise makeup collections to attract fans and increase sales.
3. Entertainment Licensing - The success of franchise-themed makeup collections highlights the potential for licensing opportunities to expand into the beauty industry and create unique merchandise collaborations.