Captain’s Log Star Date 104-39-65: Knitted ‘Star Trek’ characters in the form of meerkats are a Trekkie’s dream.
Although most true ‘Star Trek’ fans already recognize how attractive the original cast is (including Sulu), these meerkats are just adorable.
Each one is priced at $35 (Enterprise not included). These knitted little galactic voyagers are a quirky but necessary addition to a Trekkie’s collection.
You could also just give it to a child who would have no idea what ‘Star Trek’ is—they’re just that damn cute.
Stuffed Meerkat ‘Star Trek' Characters by NiftyKnits
1. Extraterrestrial Plushies - The growing popularity of unique stuffed animals based on popular science fiction properties opens up opportunities for innovative designs and licensing deals.
2. Knitted Collectibles - The trend of creating handmade, knitted collectibles offers an opportunity for cottage industries and craft-focused businesses to offer unique, high-quality items for sale.
3. Nostalgic Merchandise - The demand for nostalgic merchandise, such as these 'Star Trek' themed plushies, presents an opportunity for companies to cater to fans of pop culture franchises.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The toy manufacturing industry can benefit from creating licensed plushies and stuffed animals for popular science fiction and pop culture franchises.
2. Crafts and DIY - Craft-focused businesses and online marketplaces can capitalize on the trend of handmade, knitted collectibles by offering unique designs and tutorials for a loyal and passionate audience.
3. Nostalgia Merchandising - Retailers and licensors can tap into the trend of nostalgic merchandise by licensing popular properties and creating unique, collectible items for fans to purchase and display.