The 'Stampd x Futura' surfboard collection takes the work of famed graffiti artist Futura and turns in into a functional piece of artwork. The new collection follows a similar collaboration with Motorola, which saw the artist create limited-edition smartphones branded with his signature designs.
The Stampd x Futura collection consists of four designs, each of which features freestyle airbrushing by Futura himself. The collections ranges from designs that resemble that of shattered white marble to more intricate doodles that look like atoms violently colliding in outer space. All of the boards feature a monochromatic, minimalist look that is similar to that of the company's past boards. In addition to the creative designs, customers can also choose between a diamond-tail, a swallowtail fish or a round-square body.
The new collection gives Futura fans a unique way to own a piece of the artist's work.
The Stampd x Futura Surfboard is a Functional Work of Art
1. Art-inspired Products - Graffiti artist-designed surfboards are a part of a larger trend of art-inspired products, presenting disruptive innovation opportunities for companies to collaborate with artists to create unique functional products.
2. Limited-edition Collaborations - The Stampd x Futura surfboard collection is reflective of a trend in which businesses are partnering with artists to create limited-edition products, presenting disruptive innovation opportunities for companies to create exclusive products and generate buzz.
3. Functional Art - The Stampd x Futura surfboard collection represents a trend in which companies are blurring the lines between art and functionality, presenting disruptive innovation opportunities for companies to create products that are both aesthetically pleasing and serve a purpose.
1. Surfing Industry - The Stampd x Futura surfboard collection is a disruptive innovation for the surfing industry as it offers customers the opportunity to own a functional piece of art, opening up possibilities for other companies in the industry to create unique designs.
2. Consumer Electronics - The collaboration between Futura and Motorola that preceded the Stampd x Futura surfboard collection presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies in the consumer electronics industry to create artistic limited-edition devices.
3. Fashion Industry - The Stampd x Futura surfboard collection presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the fashion industry to collaborate with artists and create unique, functional fashion products that blur the lines between fashion and art.