To create buzz surrounding EA Sports' newest version of its snowboarding game, they introduced SSX Shakes. SSX Shakes was a publicity stunt in which EA Sports invited influential bloggers from Belgium to join them in celebration.
The event featured a dramatic and daring new way to create the perfect cocktail. SSX Shakes used professional snowboarders to shake up the guests cocktails by doing tricks while carrying the cocktail canister. There were three cocktails to choose from; each of which were named after a corresponding snowboarding trick. The cocktail was then made up in the canister and given to one of the professional snowboarders who would then use the snowboarding trick to shake up the cocktail. As it turns out, to make the perfect cocktail all you need is some alcohol, a cocktail shaker and a professional snowboarder to do tricks at your disposal.
SSX Shakes Puts a New Twist on Cocktails
1. Interactive Event Experiences - Opportunity for brands to create immersive and engaging experiences by incorporating unique elements like professional athletes or performers.
2. Collaborations with Influencers - Chance for brands to collaborate with influential bloggers, social media personalities, and other influencers to create buzz and reach a wider audience.
3. Themed Product Offerings - Potential for brands to develop themed products or services that align with a specific event or occasion, attracting attention and generating interest.
1. Event Planning and Management - Disruptive innovation opportunity lies in designing interactive and memorable event experiences that incorporate unexpected elements.
2. Food and Beverage - Potential for innovative product offerings that combine unique and unconventional ingredients or presentation techniques to create experiential dining or drinking experiences.
3. Marketing and Branding - Opportunity to leverage collaborations with influencers or partner with entertainment industries to create integrated marketing campaigns that captivate target audiences.