Since the beginning of YouTube, beauty tutorials have been something of the norm. These beauty vids from Squeak Machine however, are far from the ordinary tutorial. In fact, individuality is the foundation of Squeak Machine.
Squeak Machine is a website dedicated to beauty and fashion for underground subcultures such as Gothic Punk. Contributors to the site are just as colorful as the makeup they use, making for an overall lifestyle site as opposed to a simple beauty tutorial resource.
The 'Squeak Machine' Website Caters to Underground Fashion Styles
1. Alternative Beauty Tutorials - The rise of alternative beauty tutorials presents opportunities for unconventional beauty brands to cater to niche subcultures.
2. Lifestyle-led Beauty Platforms - Creating lifestyle-centric beauty platforms that cater to specific subcultures allows for targeted marketing and community building.
3. Individuality-driven Fashion Communities - Building online fashion communities centered around individuality and underground subcultures opens up possibilities for disruptive fashion brands to connect with their target audience.
1. Alternative Beauty Brands - Alternative beauty brands have an opportunity to tap into the growing demand for unique makeup and skincare products within niche subcultures.
2. Beauty and Fashion Platforms - Developing dedicated platforms that combine beauty and fashion for specific subcultures can disrupt the traditional beauty tutorial landscape and attract engaged, like-minded audiences.
3. Disruptive Fashion Brands - Fashion brands that embrace individuality and cater to underground subcultures can disrupt the mainstream fashion industry by offering alternative styles and fostering inclusive communities.