The Split Personality Sofa was inspired by The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. This of course is the novella which vividly portrays the psychopathology of a split personality.
The Hyde sofa, designed by Scuola Politecnica di Design di Milano students Pablo Crespo and Martin and Isaac Franzene Pineiro, shows its own complexity with the alternation of light and shadow.
During the day, the Hyde is a square, uninspiring, simple gray sofa without any frills but at night, this same sofa lights up and turns into a beautiful and elegant piece of furniture that can literally light up a living room. Great creativity and inspiration.
1. Light-up Furniture - The Hyde sofa is a great example of how light-up furniture can add an extra dimension to traditional furniture design.
2. Dual-purpose Furniture - The concept of the Split Personality Sofa highlights the practicality of dual-purpose furniture that can adapt and evolve to meet different needs and circumstances.
3. Psychology-inspired Design - The Hyde sofa is part of a growing trend of furniture design influenced by psychology, which seeks to tap into the emotions and mental states of users to create a more immersive experience.
1. Furniture Design - The Split Personality Sofa is a prime example of the innovative and imaginative new directions furniture design is taking in order to cater to the needs and desires of modern consumers.
2. Interior Design - The Hyde sofa represents an exciting opportunity for interior designers seeking to create unique and dynamic spaces that can be adapted and transformed according to changing moods and requirements.
3. Architecture - The Split Personality Sofa suggests the potential for architecture and home design to incorporate cutting-edge technology and lighting systems that can enhance the look and feel of living spaces.