Spira is a unique contraption that turns your smartphone into a clock and a work of art while it's charging. You may use your smartphone a lot, but fact of the matter is that when it's plugged into the wall and charging, it's pretty much doing nothing useful. Which is where Spira comes in.
The work of Alice Robbiani, an interactive design student at Ecole Cantonale d'Art de Lausanne in Switzerland, the Spira is essentially a plain frame with a solid design. When your phone is attached to the frame, its inductive charging mechanism kicks in. The frame's thermochromic paint then heats up to reveal a beautiful spiral pattern.
Spira comes with an accompanying app, the first of which displays white spheres to record the charging process, with the second displaying a working clock.
The Spira Frame Turns Your Phone Into a Work of Art
1. Artistic Charging Stations - The trend of creating unusual charging stations that double as works of art and add an element of personalization to the charging experience.
2. Interactive Phone Accessories - Using interactive design to create phone accessories that make them more functional and entertaining.
3. Thermochromic Technology - The development and integration of thermochromic technology in consumer products for aesthetic and functional purposes.
1. Consumer Electronics - The incorporation of artistic and interactive designs in charging accessories to enhance user experience and differentiate products in an increasingly competitive market.
2. Art and Design - Opportunities for artists and designers to collaborate with tech companies to create aesthetically pleasing and functional charging stations.
3. Home Decor - The integration of technology and art to create home decor items that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing.