To celebrate its official sponsorship of the Oceanic Society, Seiko Watch of America created a trio of Special Edition Prospex timepieces with details inspired by sea turtles. Each of the watches draws attention to the Oceanic Society's State of the World's Sea Turtles (SWOT) Program, which is devoted to the study and protection of the world's seven species of sea turtles, as well as their natural habitats.
The timepieces sport brown, turquoise and blue dials, plus an engraving of an image of a sea turtle created by Seiko's Japanese designers. Accompanying the watch designs, there's a booklet that helps to raise awareness of sea turtles. Watch enthusiasts will appreciate the fact that the overall design references a treasured diver's watch from the brand that was released in 1977.
These Special Edition Prospex Pieces Highlight the Oceanic Society
1. Oceanic Society Sponsorship - Companies can boost their brand's sustainability profile by partnering with conservation organizations.
2. Eco-friendly Timepieces - The watch industry can reduce its carbon footprint by using sustainable materials and designing energy-efficient watches.
3. Wildlife Conservation Awareness - Brands can leverage consumers' increasing interest in environmental issues by creating products that promote wildlife protection.
1. Watchmaking - Watch companies can incorporate sustainability and eco-friendliness in their designs and marketing campaigns.
2. Conservation Organizations - Conservation groups can partner with brands to raise awareness and funds for their causes through product collaborations.
3. Tourism and Travel - Travel agencies and operators can promote eco-tourism and conservation-focused travel packages to cater to environmentally-conscious customers.