Skate label Vans celebrates six decades of space adventures and innovation with the themed Space Voyager collection designed to honor NASA. The design inspiration draws cues from the original NASA space suits in the form of its exposing foam and detachable patchwork. The collection is comprised of classic silhouettes including the Old Skool, Slip-On, and Sk8-Hi sneakers, accompanied by a selection of apparel and accessories as well. It features eight footwear options that are available in adult to toddler sizes.
The two Sk8-Hi silhouettes are constructed from full-grain leather throughout the uppers and have the NASA Meatball emblem at their quarter panels and exposed foam tied together with a black tonal lacing system. The Old Skools are complete in a bright orange colorway with the NASA wor, logo in black. The youth sizes feature the Slip-On model in a galaxy design pattern across their uppers atop a glittery gum outsole and the Sk8-Hi model designed to look like a black space boot. Additionally, the Sk8-Hi MTE iterations implement a technology that retains heat and elevates their moisture control.
The apparel options feature jackets, hoodies, tees, and long sleeve shirts adorned in designs that correlate the overarching space-theme. The accessories are comprised of duffel bags and backpacks. The entire Space Voyager collection is set to drop on November 2nd online and at retail locations.
Vans Dedicates Its Space Voyager Collection to NASA
1. Space-themed Fashion - Opportunities exist in incorporating space themes into fashion lines to appeal to consumers who have an interest in space exploration.
2. Heritage-inspired Collections - Fashion brands can create collections that draw inspiration from historically significant organizations such as NASA to create unique and exciting collaborations.
3. Child-friendly Apparel and Footwear - There is a growing market for child-friendly fashion with innovative designs, such as incorporating space themes and interactive technology into clothing and footwear.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can explore partnerships and collaborations with heritage organizations such as NASA to offer customers unique and innovative collections.
2. Children's Apparel - There is an opportunity for growth in the children's apparel industry with brands producing interactive, yet fashionable clothing and footwear.
3. Sportswear - Collaborations between sportswear companies and organizations, like NASA, can provide unique fashion lines that inspire exploration and excitement in consumers.