Although the Sony Glass Sound Speaker looks like it houses an Edison-style bulb, the actuality is that the product is much more futuristic than it lets on. Capable of playing music thanks to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the speaker lamp features a glass cylinder that vibrates in response to the music. This is purported to mimic the nature of the human vocal cords for a more realistic auditory experience.
The illumination system is comprised of a series of LEDs that have been formed into a bulb-like aesthetic that merges with the music as it's played. What's created with the Sony Glass Sound Speaker is an overarching experience that's soothing, relaxation-focused and focused on providing healthy light and sounds.
The Sony Glass Sound Speaker Blends New Tech with Classic Aesthetics
1. Bluetooth Lamp Speakers - The integration of speakers and lamps into one device creates a new category of home entertainment and lighting options for consumers.
2. Glass-based Technology - Incorporating glass as a key element in consumer electronics technology opens up possibilities for sleek, stylish and aesthetic designs.
3. Mimicry-based Auditory Experience - Developing technology that mimics natural sounds and auditory experiences creates more immersive and satisfying listening environments.
1. Consumer Electronics - Companies who combine traditional home electronics with modern innovations, like Sony's Glass Sound Speaker, can lead in creating new markets in consumer electronics.
2. Home Decor - Home decor companies that adopt a focus on both form and function can attract more consumers with products that offer both utility and aesthetic appeal.
3. Sound Engineering - Opportunities exist for sound engineers to expand their knowledge and collaborate with designers and companies on developing technology that more realistically mimics natural sounds and auditory experiences.