I am certain that soldiers, fighters and armies all over the world would love this retry feature. The â€œRetryâ€ Ad for Sony's PlayStation Portable player gives you a gruesome visual with limps and organs all over the place; a retry is most welcome!
The ad was photographed by Kaustubh Kamat with art direction by Pavel Roy for the Sir JJ Institute of Applied Art advertising school, Mumbai, India.
Implications - One way for a company to generate instant interest in its products is by creating advertising that heavily rely on shock value. By investing in marketing that immediately spawns a contentious debate, the company lures in consumers, critics and the media alike, creating an immediate uptick in brand recognition.
Sony PSP Retry Ad
1. Shockvertising - Companies can create edgy advertising campaigns that rely on shock value to attract consumers and increase brand recognition.
2. Retry Feature - Products can incorporate a retry feature that allows users to start over when they encounter difficulties or failures.
3. Gruesome Imagery - Images and graphics can be used in advertisements to evoke powerful emotions and capture the attention of viewers.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry can use the retry feature to provide a better user experience and keep players engaged for longer periods of time.
2. Advertising - Ad agencies and marketers can experiment with shockvertising to create memorable and impactful campaigns for their clients.
3. Education - Art and design schools can teach students how to effectively use imagery and shock value to create powerful advertising campaigns.