Philips Electronics, in an impressive attempt to digitize everything, recently launched the Sonicare Toothbrush, which charges via USB and comes with a number of fascinating gadgets.
Although I rarely accept advertising promises at face value, I'm willing to accept Phillip's assertion that the Sonicare Toothbrush is the "most advanced brush yet." It may not tweet updates as you scrub your teeth, but it does come with a drinking glass that doubles as a wireless charger. Brace yourself, however, because this tooth brush will set you back $400! But hey, it comes with a travel case...
What's particularly encouraging is that for years, cellphones, automatic toothbrushes and other electronics used proprietary chargers. Nowadays, however, gadget developers are moving toward the USB standard and the uniformity it provides, ultimately making things easier for the customer.
The Sonicare Toothbrush is the iPod of Toiletries
1. USB Charging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop USB charging capabilities for a wide range of electronic devices, enabling convenient and uniform charging.
2. Digitized Toiletries - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative digital solutions for personal care products, enhancing functionality and user experience.
3. Wireless Charging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore wireless charging technologies for various consumer electronic devices, eliminating the need for cords and cables.
1. Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate digital technology into a diverse range of electronics, transforming conventional devices into smart and connected solutions.
2. Personal Care - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine technology and personal care products, introducing digital features to enhance performance and hygiene routines.
3. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revolutionize the consumer electronics industry by developing wireless charging solutions, transforming the way devices are powered and used.