Sonic the Hedgehog and Pac-Man are some of the most iconic videogame characters and in 2018 the duo will finally see a crosser, albeit for a limited time. For one month, players will be able to play as Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man in Sonic Dash and as the blue hedgehog in Pac-Man for iOS or Android. This will be the first official crossover of either series and will be available for fans to experience until later March of 2018.
The crossover between Sonic the Hedgehog and Pac-Man is set to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Sonic Dash's launch. In the popular mobile game, Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man will be playable characters, with each alternating for one week. While the characters will only be available for one month, players can keep the characters if they chomp up enough fruit, bells and keys. In Pac-Man, Sonic will navigate a maze style as Green hill Zone and will be taking down Moto Bugs, as opposed to ghosts.
Sonic the Hedgehog and Pac-Man Will Finally Crossover in Mobile Games
1. Mobile Videogame Crossovers - The crossover between Sonic the Hedgehog and Pac-Man in mobile games opens up opportunities for more collaborations between popular gaming franchises.
2. Playable Character Alternation - The alternating availability of Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man as playable characters in Sonic Dash showcases the potential for dynamic character swapping in mobile games.
3. Extended Anniversary Celebrations - Extended crossover events like the fifth anniversary celebration of Sonic Dash highlight the potential for special collaborations to engage and reward fans.
1. Mobile Gaming - The mobile gaming industry can leverage the success of videogame crossovers to create more immersive experiences and attract a wider audience.
2. Entertainment Licensing - The entertainment licensing industry can explore more collaborations between iconic characters to create unique and nostalgic merchandise that resonates with fans.
3. Digital Advertising - Brands and marketers in the digital advertising industry can tap into the popularity of videogame crossovers to create engaging and interactive ad campaigns that reach a highly-engaged audience.