While Bluetooth speakers are convenient, not until 'Sonic Blocks' have they been specifically catered toward audiophiles. Regular Bluetooth speakers are all about ease and portability, accepting a slight reduction in sound quality to make a one-size-fits-all device. Sonic Blocks flip the formula with a modular speaker that could aptly be described as all-sizes-fit-one.
As the product's Indiegogo page explains, Sonic Blocks aren't one set of speakers, they're a "modular wireless music ecosystem." The central piece of Sonic Blocks is the "brain," an input and output node that comes with USB, microUSB, AUX, and several other audio ports, as well as an Ethernet jack. On top of the brain, consumers can add any combination of subwoofers and fully articulating speakers. And though each brain can only support a maximum of six speaker units, multiple brains can be connected together for a virtually infinite wall of sound.
Consumers Can Adjust the Sound Quality and Appearance of 'Sonic Blocks'
1. Modular Bluetooth Speakers - Opportunity to disrupt the Bluetooth speaker market by offering customizable and interchangeable speaker components.
2. Modular Wireless Music Ecosystem - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create a modular music system that allows for seamless integration and customization of audio components.
3. Multi-node Speaker Systems - Opportunity to revolutionize audio systems by enabling multiple brains to be connected together, creating a scalable and immersive audio experience.
1. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity to offer customizable, high-quality audio devices that cater to audiophiles.
2. Audio Equipment Manufacturing - Opportunity to develop and produce modular audio components that can be easily integrated into the Sonic Blocks ecosystem.
3. Home Entertainment Systems - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create multi-node speaker systems that provide immersive sound experiences for home entertainment.