An exciting development for both the automobile industry and environmentalists alike, the announcement of Solar Team Eindhoven's 'Stella' car is run entirely on solar power; so much so that it creates more energy than it expels. The dramatic energy efficiency of the Stella automobile means that after being driven for awhile, the extra solar powered expelled from the vehicle can balance out the environmental cost of manufacturing the car itself.
"Our sustainable future is getting closer and offers new challenges. We'd like to contribute with the development of a practical passenger car, powered by solar energy," the Netherlands students who created this family car comment on their site. While still a one-off, this socially conscious experiment may very well lead to some exciting environmentally-friendly automobiles on the market in the not-so-distant future.
Solar Team Eindhoven Website
Solar Team Eindhoven on Twitter
Solar Team Eindhoven on Facebook
Solar Team Eindhoven on LinkedIn
The Solar Team Eindhoven 'Stella' Automobile is Revolutionary
1. Solar-powered Cars - The development of solar-powered cars like the 'Stella' automobile presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the automobile industry.
2. Energy Efficiency - The dramatic energy efficiency of solar-powered cars creates an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the automotive industry.
3. Environmentally-friendly Automobiles - The creation of environmentally-friendly automobiles, like the 'Stella' car, offers a disruptive innovation opportunity in the automobile industry.
1. Automobile Industry - The automobile industry can benefit from embracing the disruptive innovation of solar-powered cars.
2. Renewable Energy Industry - The renewable energy industry can capitalize on the disruptive innovation of solar-powered cars to further promote sustainable practices.
3. Environmental Technology Industry - The environmental technology industry can explore the disruptive innovation of solar-powered cars to develop more sustainable transportation solutions.