It’s easy to imagine solar-powered cars or photovoltaic cell panels to deliver electricity to homes, but how about a solar-powered submersible? The Swiss energy company BKW has announced its plans to create a solar-powered submarine, a project they call ‘GOLDFISH.’
Project GOLDFISH is a 30-meter long submarine that can accommodate up to 24 people and descend to depths of 300 meters. GOLDFISH is powered by the floating solar platform you see in the first gallery image; the five satellites that surround the central hub will deliver the solar platform with 30 kilowatts of electricity. The floating platform would serve as a charging station for the GOLDFISH submarine between trips.
A solar-powered shuttle, depicted in the second image, would bring passengers from the shore to the floating solar platform. There, they’d board GOLDFISH for their submarine ride.
BKW’s Project GOLDFISH is now in search of investors.
The BKW ‘GOLDFISH'
1. Solar-powered Submarines - Creating solar-powered submarines presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the marine transportation industry by offering environmentally friendly and sustainable alternatives.
2. Floating Solar Platforms - Developing floating solar platforms provides disruptive innovation opportunities in the renewable energy industry by expanding the use of solar power across different environments.
3. Solar-powered Shuttles - Introducing solar-powered shuttles offers disruptive innovation opportunities in the transportation industry by providing clean and efficient means of transportation.
1. Marine Transportation - The marine transportation industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by investing in the development of solar-powered submarines that offer sustainable and efficient ways of underwater travel.
2. Renewable Energy - The renewable energy industry can capitalize on disruptive innovation opportunities by investing in the production of floating solar platforms that expand the use of solar power in various settings.
3. Transportation - The transportation industry can seize disruptive innovation opportunities by investing in the advancement of solar-powered shuttles that provide clean and cost-effective transportation solutions.