The Socks + Furniture collection is, as its name suggests, inspired by socks. An unlikely source of inspiration, that's for sure, it has nevertheless yielded a line comprised of a sofa, table and light fixture that is as creative as it is playful. Each piece has a slouchy feel that is often characterized by a sock. Not to mention that the Socks + Furniture collection looks incredibly cozy.
Designed by Vancouver-based designer Greg Papove, the Socks + Furniture collection is perfect for modern living spaces. The Five Toes Coffee Table, which is modeled after toe socks, is supported by five legs that protrude through the surface. The Zap Lamp is powered through electricity gather from rubbing one's socks on the connecting carpet. The Unify Sofa is made up of chairs covered by one big 'sock.'
The Socks + Furniture Collection by Greg Papove is Playful and Cozy
1. Sock-inspired Furniture - Designing furniture inspired by everyday items like socks can yield creative and playful pieces for modern living spaces.
2. Playful Home Decor - The Socks + Furniture Collection showcases the demand for unique and playful home decor that does not compromise on practicality.
3. Functional Aesthetics - Furniture pieces that are not just aesthetically pleasing, but also serve a functional purpose, are becoming increasingly popular.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can explore the market demand for playful and functional pieces that are inspired by everyday items.
2. Home Decor Retail - Home decor retailers can tap into the trend for unique and playful pieces that offer both aesthetic appeal and practicality.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers can leverage the trend for playful and cozy home decor to offer clients customizable options that merge form and function.