While some people want to avoid human contact at all costs when riding public transit, others prefer socializing on the bus. A marketing campaign in Brazil aims to help these friendly folks out with reserved seating for extraordinary extroverted commuters. Snack company Zeze Biscuits and marketing firm Mark+ collaborated to create the Alimentando Amizades campaign (Feeding New Friends in English) to encourage social interaction among those in Pelotas, Southern Brazil who travel on public buses.
Participating buses have designated areas for making new friends. If you sit in the specially marked seats, you simply wait for other willing participants to join you. There are even post-it notes on hand with conversation starters and ice breakers to make socializing on the bus more fluid.
This Interactive Marketing Initiative Encourages Socializing on the Bus
1. Social Seating - Creating designated seating areas on public transit for individuals looking to socialize and make new connections presents an opportunity for companies to promote social interaction.
2. Interactive Marketing - Integrating interactive marketing campaigns with public transit systems offers companies a unique opportunity to engage with local communities and raise brand awareness.
3. Communal Experience - Designing communal experiences within public spaces, like buses or trains, allows individuals to connect with others in their community and fosters a sense of belonging and togetherness.
1. Consumer Goods - Partnering with marketing agencies to create innovative, interactive campaigns to boost brand awareness and consumer engagement in public spaces presents opportunities for consumer goods companies.
2. Public Transportation - Incorporating friendly seating initiatives into public transportation systems provides a unique selling point to customers and potentially increases ridership and customer satisfaction.
3. Social Media - Integrating a social media aspect into friendly seating campaigns allows companies to leverage user-generated content and extend the reach of their marketing initiatives beyond physical locations.