Although a growing number of social apps are integrating in-app shopping features, influencer marketing is making it more and more challenging for users to discover authentic recommendations—yet Countr distinguishes itself as a social shopping platform that levels the playing field for all. On the app, users are able to show off their unique sense of style, make purchases directly from within the app's feed and make money for engagement.
With its shoppable posts, Countr notes that it "invented a new way to get paid for your taste." Creators on the platform are able to connect with their "style tribe" and get inspired by other like-minded shoppers within the community. In this way, Countr supports both consumers and retailers who are looking to showcase a piece of themselves and turn a profit while doing so.
Users on Countr Shop, Show Off Their Style and Find a "Style Tribe"
1. Authentic Social Shopping - Increasing difficulty to discover authentic recommendations creates innovation opportunities in social shopping platforms as seen with Countr.
2. Shoppable Posts - Shoppable posts are a new way to earn for creators and retailers, and an opportunity for disruptive innovation in e-commerce.
3. Community-based Shopping - Community-based shopping platforms like Countr offer a new way for users to connect with a 'style tribe' and inspire each others' fashions.
1. Retail - Retail companies may innovate by partnering with social shopping platforms to establish an authentic presence for influencer marketing.
2. E-commerce - The success of shoppable posts on social shopping platforms like Countr point to an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the e-commerce industry.
3. Social Media - Social media companies may consider integrating shoppable features and community-based shopping to increase user engagement and revenue streams.