'Dot' is a social media story for children about Internet addiction, written by Randi Zuckerberg, the sister of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
The storybook tells the tale of Dot, a tech-savvy girl who is obsessed with all of her electronic devices — so much so, that she forgets to pay attention to everything else. Randi Zuckerberg describes that her book is meant to remind kids that “life’s a little bit richer when you look up from the screen.” She was inspired to write 'Dot' because many parents are now having to face new issues relating to raising children in an extremely digital world.
The social media storybook will be available for purchase on November 5th from Amazon, with the option to purchase it with a Dot doll that comes clutching a tiny stuffed tablet.
This Social Media Story for Kids Addresses Internet Addiction
1. Social Media-themed Storybooks - Opportunity to create more storybooks that address the challenges of growing up in a digital world.
2. Internet Addiction - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the field of addiction treatment to help combat internet addiction in children.
3. Digital Parenting - Opportunity to develop resources and tools to support parents in raising children in an increasingly digital environment.
1. Publishing - Publishing industry can explore creating more storybooks that tackle contemporary issues like internet addiction.
2. Healthcare - Healthcare industry can focus on developing innovative treatments for internet addiction in children.
3. Technology - Technology industry can develop solutions and tools to assist parents in monitoring and managing their children's digital consumption.