This infographic goes over the optimal social media post length for a variety of platforms and accompanies a blog post article expounding on why that is. From Buffer and SumAll, 'The Internet is a Zoo: The Ideal Length of Everything Online' describes how long every piece of content should be to accurately get the message across.
The social media post length chart covers character count for networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google + in addition to areas such as hashtags, email subject lines, title tags, domain names and paragraphs in general. It also goes into word count for blog headlines, LinkedIn posts and blog posts. For channels like YouTube, podcasts, Tedx talks and Slideshare it also discusses how many minutes they should be.
This Buffer Infographic Goes Over the Ideal Social Media Post Length
1. Optimal Social Media Post Length - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop tools or software that automatically suggest the ideal length for social media posts based on platform and content type.
2. Content Length Optimization - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create AI-powered content optimization platforms that analyze and recommend the ideal length for various types of content, such as blog headlines, paragraphs, email subject lines, and domain names.
3. Time-length Tailoring for Multimedia Content - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design algorithms or platforms that analyze and suggest the optimal duration for multimedia content formats, including YouTube videos, podcasts, TEDx talks, and Slideshare presentations.
1. Social Media Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop tools or platforms that automate social media post length optimization for businesses and marketers.
2. Content Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create AI-driven content optimization solutions to help content marketers improve the effectiveness of their headlines, paragraphs, and other content elements.
3. Media and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build algorithms or platforms to assist creators in tailoring the duration of multimedia content for maximum engagement and viewer satisfaction.