A great way to soften the threshold between indoors and outdoors is to incorporate natural forms into the design of your front foyer. Snow Drop by Dan Henriksson is a stunning wall-mounted clothes hook system that mimics bleached Asahikawa trees in the winter.
Fixed along a crooked central spine, the piece is decorated with zigzaging offshoots that provide an abundance of pointed pegs on which jackets, scarves, hats and handbags can be conveniently hung. The handsome hanger is made from rigidly cut panels of wood and painted with a pure white finish. Small horizontal ledges act as braces between each bough and afford opportune places for keys and cellphones to perch.
The overall effect of Snow Drop by Dan Henriksson is one of fetching functionality, and the sculptural elegance that comes from the way it plays with light and shadow.
Snow Drop by Dan Henriksson Holds Warm Things on Winter Branches
1. Natural-form Design - Incorporating natural forms into interior design to soften the threshold between indoors and outdoors.
2. Wall-mounted Storage Systems - Creating innovative ways to maximize storage space on walls, such as a wall-mounted clothes hook system.
3. Functional Sculptural Furniture - Designing furniture that not only serves a practical purpose but also adds an element of elegance and aesthetic appeal.
1. Interior Design - Exploring new ways to bring natural elements into interior design, such as incorporating tree-inspired coat racks.
2. Storage Solutions - Developing innovative storage solutions for small spaces, like wall-mounted storage systems.
3. Furniture Design - Creating functional furniture pieces that double as artistic sculptures to provide both utility and beauty.