Qualcomm’s 'Snapdragon 8 Gen 1' is adding a new smartphone to its lineup with a new ‘Plus’ edition that offers bolstered specs and improved performance. The ‘Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1’ offers 10% faster CPU performance and GPU clocks, and 15 percent less power consumption for an extra one hour of use.
The new phone does not stray too far from the features of the original Snapdragon 8, still offering Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 10 Gbps of 5G Modern-RF, and 8K HDR video capture. The ‘Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1’ boasts sustained performance from the new chip, maintaining an efficient clockspeed for a longer period of time.
Multiple gaming corporations have signed up for the new chip, opting for the 8 Plus over the ‘Snapdragon 7 Gen 1,’ also announced today. Qualcomm is expected to announce its ‘Snapdragon 8 Gen 2’ in late 2022.
Image Credit: Qualcomm
Qualcomm Releases the 'Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1' Gaming Smartphone
1. High-performance Gaming Smartphones - The 'Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1' smartphone ushers in a new era of high-performance gaming phones with improved specs and sustainability, presenting opportunities for the gaming and smartphone industries to collaborate on future designs.
2. Power-efficient Processors - The improved CPU and GPU clock speeds with 15% less power consumption in the 'Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1' smartphone presents a trend of power-efficient processors, offering disruptive innovation opportunities for the semiconductor industry to develop sustainable low-power consumption devices.
3. Sustained Performance in Smartphones - Qualcomm's 'Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1' smartphone features sustained performance with efficient clock speeds for a longer period, presenting opportunities for the smartphone industry to develop devices with consistent peak performance without experiencing degradation over time.
1. Gaming Industry - Multiple gaming corporations have signed up for the 'Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1,' presenting opportunities for the gaming industry to develop high-performance games that leverage the improved features of the new processor.
2. Smartphone Industry - The new 'Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1' smartphone presents opportunities for the smartphone industry to develop new devices with improved specs, sustainability, and sustained performance, catering to the growing demand for high-performance smartphones.
3. Semiconductor Industry - The trend towards power-efficient processors in smartphones, as seen in the 'Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1,' presents opportunities for the semiconductor industry to leverage sustainable technologies and develop new low-power consumption devices.