Some of the most successful designs of objects are the ones inspired by nature, in the way that the Snail Motorcycle has been. Influenced by the coiling shape of the insect's protective shell, this ebike presents an intriguing form and consequently fascinating functionality.
Zhao Yan, Cao Weizhi and Wang Shujing wanted to reinvent the foldable bicycle by giving it a clever shape and integrating an electric motor. With the spiral in mind, the frame was made to a pronounced arc and the large front wheel was designed to nestle into it when shut. The rear wheel -- which houses the assistive mechanics of the bike -- hinges around into the centre of the other two. Finally, the curved handlebars and seat can be collapsed to the circular contour, completing the compact state of the Snail Motorcycle so that it's easy to carry.
Snail Motorcycle's Round Parts Can Retract for Compact Carrying
1. Nature-inspired Design - Influenced by the coiling shape of a snail's protective shell, the Snail Motorcycle presents an innovative form and a new trend for nature-inspired designs.
2. Compact and Foldable Transportation - The Snail Motorcycle's collapsible circular design presents an opportunity for the development of more efficient and convenient transportation options.
3. Integration of Smart Technology - The integration of an electric motor and assistive mechanics in the Snail Motorcycle presents an opportunity for innovation in the integration of smart technology in transportation.
1. Electric Bikes - The Snail Motorcycle presents opportunities for the electric bike industry to create more innovative and foldable designs.
2. Urban Transportation - The compact and foldable design of the Snail Motorcycle presents an opportunity for the urban transportation industry to develop more efficient and convenient options for commuters.
3. Smart Transportation - The integration of smart technology in the Snail Motorcycle presents opportunities for the smart transportation industry to develop more advanced and integrated systems.