Smoky maple flavors have been a winning combination for years in the food industry, but Sugar Bob’s Finest Kind is blending them together in a unique way.
Sugar Bob’s Finest Kind makes a dark maple syrup and infuses it with hardwood smoke, creating a syrup that can be used as an addition for everything from mayonnaise to oysters and shrimp cocktail sauces. To encourage consumers to think of this product as more than just a pancake flavoring agent, it's packaged like a steak sauce. Sugar Bob’s Finest Kind's Robert Hausslein says: "At breakfast it can be a sweetener but for the rest of the day it’s a savory extender."
Successful harvests in the maple syrup industry have created space for plenty of experimentation, particularly when it comes to rebranding maple syrup as a food item that can be used outside of breakfast. Maple syrup is also gaining recognition as a healthy and highly flavorful natural sweetener.
Sugar Bob’s Finest Kind Infuses Its Maple Syrup with Hardwood Smoke
1. Smoky Maple Flavors - Opportunity for developing new food products with unique smoky maple flavor profiles.
2. Rebranding Maple Syrup - Potential to position maple syrup as a versatile ingredient for savory dishes.
3. Healthy Natural Sweeteners - Growing demand for healthier alternatives to traditional sweeteners creates opportunities for maple syrup as a natural option.
1. Food and Beverage - Food manufacturers can leverage the trend of smoky maple flavors to create innovative products across various categories.
2. Packaging - Packaging companies have an opportunity to design unique packaging solutions that align with the rebranding of maple syrup as a savory ingredient.
3. Health and Wellness - Health and wellness industry can tap into the demand for natural sweeteners by promoting maple syrup as a healthier alternative.