The Roku 'Smart Soundbar' will soon have the ability to pair with the brand's wireless speakers, in order to provide a surround sound experience. The company created the 'onn Roku Wireless Speakers' with compatibility in mind, and the speakers will be sold on the Walmart website beginning in February. Compatibility seems to be a big focus for Roku, as previously the company created a 'Wireless Subwoofer' that also has the ability to be paired with the 'Smart Soundbar.'
The Roku Vice president of Retail Product strategy, Mark Ely, spoke about the rationale behind the new product, “We want to simplify home theater the same way we simplified streaming and we’re taking a big step towards that vision by expanding our Roku Smart Soundbars to support surround sound capabilities.”
Image Credit: Roku
Roku's Wireless Speakers are Compatible with Its Smart Soundbar
1. Wireless Audio Systems - The integration of wireless speakers and soundbars is a trend that enhances sound quality and provides a more immersive experience, creating opportunities for dynamic audio solutions.
2. Retail Partnerships - Collaborations between tech companies and retailers like Roku and Walmart will continue to grow, allowing for consumer access to innovative audio products at accessible price points.
3. Smart Home Entertainment - The expansion of smart soundbars to support advanced audio capabilities such as surround sound, and the ability to integrate with other smart devices, could further disrupt the home entertainment market and provide opportunities for connected and integrated home entertainment solutions.
1. Audio Technology - The integration of wireless speakers and soundbars provide new opportunities for companies and startups to create innovative audio products, from enhanced audio quality to seamless integration with other smart devices.
2. Retail - Retailers like Walmart present an opportunity to drive demand for innovative new home entertainment products, as customers seek new technologies to enhance their in-home entertainment experiences.
3. Smart Home - The increasing popularity of smart home devices creates opportunities for tech companies and service providers to develop new and integrated home entertainment solutions that can be easily connected to other smart home devices.