The Smart ForFour Crosstown Edition doesn't look like any other model in the automaker's lineup. That's because this special edition, revealed at the 2017 Shanghai Auto Show, is designed to be more of a rugged crossover than a micro car. The Crosstown Edition comes with detachable parts for off-roading. Those parts are the side skirts and the cladding above the front and rear bumpers. Other unique features of the Smart ForFour Crosstown Edition include 16-inch alloy wheels, a sports suspension that lowers the car 10 millimeters and a chrome exhaust pipe.
On the inside there's a new sport steering wheel and brushed aluminum pedals. The overall look for the city car is one of tough sophistication, a term usually not used to describe Smarts. There's no word on the availability of the Smart ForFour Crosstown Edition, but given the love for crossovers in the U.S. it wouldn't be a shock if the special edition marked the debut of the ForFour stateside (currently only the two-seater is available).
The Smart ForFour Crosstown Edition Features Detachable Off-road Parts
1. Detachable Off-road Parts - The trend of detachable off-road parts in city cars presents opportunities for automakers to appeal to the growing market of consumers looking for rugged yet stylish vehicles.
2. Rugged Crossovers - The trend of rugged crossovers in the city car segment allows automakers to cater to urban consumers who desire a combination of off-road capabilities and compact size.
3. Tough Sophistication - The trend of incorporating tough sophistication into city car designs provides automakers with an opportunity to differentiate their offerings and attract consumers seeking a unique combination of style and durability.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry can capitalize on the trend of detachable off-road parts by developing innovative designs that allow city cars to easily switch between urban and outdoor environments.
2. Urban Mobility - The urban mobility industry can leverage the trend of rugged crossovers in city cars by offering flexible rental or sharing services tailored for adventurous urban dwellers who require vehicles capable of tackling various terrains.
3. Automotive Accessories - The automotive accessories industry can tap into the trend of tough sophistication in city car designs by creating stylish and durable accessories that complement the rugged look of these vehicles.