If you've ever worn a chronograph, then you know how difficult it can be sometimes when you just want to know the time without having to look past timing hands, second hands and all the other hands that are present. That's where Slow Watches looks to stand apart by having an overtly simplistic design that only features a single hand and nothing else.
Displaying the 24-hour clock or military time as it is colloquially known, Slow Watches are read by the distinct position of the single hand between numbers and notches. While telling time to the exact minute or second is more difficult between notches, Slow Watches are definitely a cunning approach to timepieces. Coming in a variety of shades and materials, Slow Watches encourage one to take a more relaxed approach to time-telling and, ultimately, the daily routine.
Slow Watches Display Time-of-Day in a Minimalistic, Military Fashion
1. Single-hand Watches - Innovative timepieces with a single hand to display time in a minimalistic, easy-to-read manner.
2. Military-inspired Design - Trend of watches mimicking the minimalistic and functional design of military models.
3. Relaxed Time-telling - Shift in consumer preferences towards slow watches that encourage a more relaxed approach to time.
1. Watchmaking - Opportunities for disruption in the traditional watchmaking industry by incorporating innovative and minimalistic designs.
2. Fashion - Timepieces with a unique design and trendy materials provide fashion-forward consumers with a new accessory option.
3. Wellness - The shift towards relaxed time-telling and slowing down offers potential for collaboration with wellness brands and stress-management practices.