Elle Fanning, who is playing Sleeping Beauty, aka Princess Aurora, in Disney's upcoming 'Maleficent' film donned the Sleeping Beauty Pump during the film's promotional tour. She appropriately wore them with a Valentino dress to a 'Maleficent' photocall in Paris.
Made by Charlotte Olympia, the pumps feature Princess Aurora's face, they are pointy-toed and are a burnt-orange color. Charlotte Olympia is known for her whimsical footwear designs, but the designer literally stepped up her label's reputation with these Disney-inspired shoes. She is reeling in a whole new demographic of customers now from pre-teens to adult Disney-enthusiasts.
Unfortunately, it's reported that the cute shoes are currently sold out everywhere. Hopefully they get restocked in time for the film's premiere so die-hards can pick up a pair to wear to the theater.
Charlotte Olympia's Sleeping Beauty Pump Debuted on the Real-Life Aurora
1. Princess-inspired Footwear - The popularity of Charlotte Olympia's Sleeping Beauty Pump highlights a growing trend of Disney-inspired footwear for both younger and older demographics.
2. Whimsical Designer Collaborations - The success of the Charlotte Olympia and Disney collaboration opens up opportunities for other designers to collaborate with popular entertainment brands, creating unique and playful products.
3. Celebrity Endorsements in Fashion - Elle Fanning's endorsement of the Sleeping Beauty Pump showcases the influence of celebrities in driving fashion trends and increasing brand awareness.
1. Fashion and Apparel - The success of the Sleeping Beauty Pump demonstrates the potential for the fashion industry to tap into nostalgic and pop culture themes to attract new customers.
2. Entertainment and Media - The collaboration between Charlotte Olympia and Disney highlights the potential for entertainment and media companies to expand their brand reach through unique and fashionable collaborations.
3. Retail and E-commerce - The increased demand for the Sleeping Beauty Pump underscores the potential opportunities for retailers and e-commerce platforms to capitalize on popular culture trends and limited-edition collaborations.