Ultra sleek and sexy are terms that come to mind when I see these modular table top cook-tops, a concept designed by Chris Fox for Electrolux.
This is a chic option to the social dining experience of fondue, allowing each guest to cook their food the way they like. Alternately, you could bring a few units to the coffee table and cook while watching your favorite show.
Different shaped 'plates' give you the choice of either grilling, stir frying in a wok shaped unit, or boiling in a pot on the flat surfaced unit. Each unit is individually powered with its own heating coil but work together when attached. The ceramic outer shells remove for easy cleaning. For storage the plates all stack together in carrying case.
Modular Grills for Social Dining
1. Modular Cooktops - Designing modular cooktops for social dining experience can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for kitchen appliance manufacturers.
2. Individualized Cooking - The trend towards individualized cooking can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for home cooking appliance manufacturers.
3. Multi-functional Home Appliances - Designing multi-functional home appliances that cater to various needs like grilling, stir-frying or boiling can be a disruptive innovation opportunity for home appliance manufacturers.
1. Kitchen Appliance Manufacturers - Kitchen appliance manufacturers can explore the trend towards modular and multi-functional cooktops for the social dining experience market.
2. Home Cooking Appliance Manufacturers - Home cooking appliance manufacturers can explore the trend towards individualized cooking needs of consumers and design products tailored to such needs.
3. Consumer Appliance Manufacturers - Consumer appliance manufacturers can explore the multi-functional trend and design home appliances that can cater to various needs and do away with the need for multiple appliances in the household.