I find few things more beautiful or intriguing than projects started by residents of a city with the aim of improving their metropolis by connecting its denizens through art, and the 'Sketchy Miami' art project is a testament to the will of Miami's artists and picture-taking citizens.
The 'Sketchy Miami' series calls for citizens to submit photographs of themselves to the site and allows artists across the city to illustrate them, taking their own artistic interpretations of the work into account. The results are usually a strong blend of comedic, accurate and sharp. The 'Sketchy Miami' illustrations run the gamut from your standard photorealistic recreations to surrealist renditions, each illustration providing an insight into Miami's polyethnic tropical oasis.
I'd just about kill for a Toronto version of this same series, someone get on it quick. In the meantime, enjoy the best 'Sketchy Miami' has to offer.
Implications - One effective way for a company to embed its image in the minds of consumers is by investing in region-targeting marketing. By creating advertising that is specific to a city or a state/province, the company shows that they are willing to invest in a local community. This personal connection between the company and consumers is the emotional relationship each brand tries to create when they create marketing, the local bond is an effective shortcut.
The 'Sketchy Miami' Drawings Bring City Denizens to Life
1. Region-targeting Marketing - Companies can create region-specific advertising to build a personal connection with consumers and show support for local communities.
2. Collaborative Art Projects - Initiatives like 'Sketchy Miami' demonstrate the power of connecting city residents through art and fostering community engagement.
3. Artistic Interpretation - Artists interpreting photographs in their own unique style offers a fresh and diverse perspective on the subject matter.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Companies can innovate by developing personalized and localized marketing strategies to connect with consumers on a deeper level.
2. Art and Design - Art communities and organizations can leverage collaborative projects to showcase artistic talent and promote community engagement.
3. Photography and Illustration - Collaborative platforms merging photography and illustration offer disruptive innovation opportunities to create unique and visually compelling artworks.