Bobby Zokaites designed this Super Mario-themed park titled 'Shifting Sand Land,' which encourages kids to get active. The playful playground is designed to mimic the nostalgic video game's version of the desert level that appears in Super Mario Brothers.
The 50 foot wide park comes fully equipped with half hemispherical platforms that are intentionally uneven to test the player's balancing skills. It also allows users to test their imagination by turning the grassy ground into an untouchable force field. Each participant can leap to and from the balancing platforms as if they were part of the real-life version of the video game. Each platform ranges in size from 18 inches to six feet and they are all weighed down with water.
While children are the obvious target audience for the playful Shifting Sand Land, the park also encourages adults to have a little fun too.
This Super Mario 'Shifting Sand Land' Inspires Kids and Adults to Play
1. Nostalgic Arcade Parks - Creating nostalgic-themed parks that draw inspiration from popular video games can offer a unique and engaging experience for both kids and adults.
2. Active Playgrounds - Designing playgrounds that promote physical activity and encourage kids to get active.
3. Imaginative Play Spaces - Developing play spaces that stimulate imagination and allow children to immerse themselves in fantastical worlds.
1. Amusement & Theme Parks - Amusement parks could tap into the growing demand for nostalgic experiences by creating arcade-themed attractions.
2. Outdoor Recreation Equipment - The outdoor recreation equipment industry can design innovative playground structures that incorporate elements from popular video games like the Super Mario series.
3. Entertainment & Gaming - The entertainment and gaming industry can explore opportunities to create real-life experiences based on popular video game worlds, bridging the gap between virtual and physical play.