Shazam data will now be used in order to inform a new chart on Apple Music. The new chart is titled the Shazam Discovery Top 50, where Shazam data will be used to present weekly updated rankings on top 50 artists. The rankings will be derived from worldwide data to present different trending songs.
The Shazam Discovery chart would be different than the conventional top 50 chart, as the rankings would be taken form the number of instances a Shazam user discovered a song. However, the rankings could still present informative findings on the growing popularity of different songs.
Apple acquired Shazam in 2018, in a $400 million deal. The acquisition is meant to provide Apple with data from the Shazam app.
Apple Will Add a New Top 50 Section, Created Using Shazam Data
1. Data-driven Music Streaming Charts - Using Shazam data to create new chart on Apple Music
2. Shazam Discovery Top 50 - Ranking top 50 artists based on Shazam data
3. Growing Popularity of Songs - Informative findings on popularity of different songs
1. Music Streaming - Leveraging data to enhance user experience and discover new artists
2. Data Analytics - Analyzing Shazam data to identify emerging trends in music industry
3. App Acquisitions - Strategic acquisitions to gain access to valuable data and expand product offerings