A contemporary sculptural studio was built in Connecticut for artist Gelah Penn. The project was overseen by New York City-based firm O'Neill McVoy Architects.
The silhouette of the building is adventurous. While from one side it appears that the design of the sculptural studio is square, from the other — it is completely asymmetrical. The aesthetics, both in proportion and natural light, are intended to "facilitate [the artist's] creative process."
The O'Neill McVoy Architects project is named 'Double Square Studio.' The functional space already connected to an existing art studio, which is shared by Penn and the painter Stephen Maine.
Internally, the studio relies on an open-concept, with windows that share views of the forest. This feature, without a doubt, provides tranquility and a subtle connection to nature that is able to spur creative growth.
Image Credit: Michel Arnaud
O'Neill McVoy Architects Boasts a Modern & Minimalist Sculptural Studio
1. Sculptural Architecture - Opportunity for architects and designers to create unique, asymmetrical designs that blend art and function.
2. Open-concept Workspaces - Opportunity for businesses to design workspaces that allow for creativity and collaboration through open layouts and natural light.
3. Nature-inspired Design - Opportunity for designers to incorporate natural elements and views into architecture to promote harmony and tranquility in work and living spaces.
1. Architecture - Opportunity for architects to create unique, functional spaces that facilitate creativity and the artistic process.
2. Art - Opportunity for artists to collaborate and work in functional spaces that provide creative inspiration and aesthetics.
3. Interior Design - Opportunity for designers to incorporate natural elements and open-concept layouts into spaces to create a harmonious and tranquil atmosphere.