At Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference, Cult of Mac came across an Apple engineer who makes iPhone screen business cards for himself. Essentially, the cards look exactly like an iPhone's screen -- they are even made out of the exact same materials.
The engineer wishes to be kept anonymous but the lettering on the card where his name would be is laser-etched into the hardened Gorilla Glass. The process is very complex and makes his work one of most extravagant business cards on the market. The cards are also extremely suitable for those who work for Apple.
Reportedly, everyone wanted one at the conference, but they are not for sale. The card holder said the card is too fragile and while the iPhone's screen is built to resist scratches, it can't be bent because it will easily shatter.
An Apple Engineer Designed a Business Card with an iPhone Screen
1. Smartphone Screen Business Cards - The trend of creating business cards that mimic smartphone screens presents an opportunity for creative self-promotion and personal branding.
2. Luxurious Business Cards - The trend of using premium materials like Gorilla Glass for business cards allows professionals to make a memorable impression with a touch of luxury.
3. Custom Laser-etched Business Cards - The trend of laser-etching personalized information onto business cards offers a unique and eye-catching way to showcase one's profession and expertise.
1. Printing and Design Services - The printing and design services industry can cater to the demand for high-quality and unique business cards with specialized techniques and materials.
2. Mobile Phone Accessories - The mobile phone accessories industry can explore opportunities to produce premium screen protectors and customized phone accessories inspired by smartphone screen business cards.
3. Luxury Goods and Stationery - The luxury goods and stationery industry can create exclusive and high-end business card options using premium materials and intricate designs.