Pretty soon, we will not have to wait until the a significant number of office employees fall ill before an investigation is undertaken into the possible presence of interior fungi. Scout by Gregory Hayter is a contraption designed with precisely one purpose, to scan the insides of buildings in search of dangerous mildew.
This is a donut-shaped helium-filled balloon that drifts weightlessly above people's heads, investigating hallways, bathrooms and individual offices. A camera with an infrared scanner detects areas of concern where mold has cropped up, informing its operator of its findings. Necessary steps can then be taken by the maintenance staff to efficiently clear the affected areas and render the workplace safe once more. Scout should be employed on a semi-regular basis to keep sufficient control over fungus-related health risks.
Scout by Gregory Hayter Searches for Mold Inside Buildings
1. Mobile Air Quality Monitors - Opportunity for companies to develop portable air quality monitors that can be easily moved around to different locations and provide real-time data on mold presence.
2. AI-powered Mold Detection - Potential for the use of artificial intelligence algorithms to analyze scanned images and identify areas of concern where mold may be present, allowing for faster and more accurate detection.
3. Data-driven Facility Management - Emerging trend of using data from air quality monitors to inform facility management decisions, such as scheduling regular maintenance and identifying areas that require immediate attention.
1. Environmental Monitoring - Disruptive innovation opportunity for companies specializing in developing advanced air quality monitoring solutions to address the growing demand for mold detection in indoor environments.
2. Facility Management - Opportunity for facility management companies to incorporate mold detection technologies and data-driven approaches to improve the health and safety of buildings and occupants.
3. Artificial Intelligence - Potential for AI technology companies to create algorithms and software solutions that can accurately analyze scanned images to detect mold and assist in proactive facility management.