Dolce & Gabbana has enlisted Hollywood star Scarlett Johansson as the face of their new cosmetics campaign.
The Dolce & Gabbana Cosmetics 2009 ads, which were shot by SÃ¸lve SundsbÃ¸, show Scarlett Johansson as a sizzling screen siren in her underwear on a bed with satin sheets.
The image is very Marilyn Monroe, for the sex appeal exuded by Johansson as well as its art direction.
Implications - North American society often looks to celebrities for sources of inspiration because they're representative of the level of success that average consumers want to attain. By collaborating with stars or gaining celebrity endorsements, corporations can expect their products to be well accepted by the general masses due to positive association.
Scarlett Johansson Channels Marilyn Monroe for Dolce & Gabbana
1. Celebrity Collaborations - Companies can leverage the influence and appeal of celebrities to boost the acceptance and popularity of their products.
2. Sensual Advertising - Using provocative and seductive imagery in advertisements can attract attention and create a desirable image for a brand.
3. Iconic Inspirations - Drawing inspiration from iconic figures like Marilyn Monroe can create a sense of nostalgia and appeal to consumers.
1. Cosmetics - Cosmetic companies can collaborate with celebrities to promote and endorse their products, enhancing consumer perception and sales.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can utilize sensual and provocative advertising to captivate consumers and create a strong brand image.
3. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can find opportunities in drawing inspiration from iconic figures to create compelling content and merchandise.