These Scala Bio-Fir leggings are hailed as the latest tool for a woman's arsenal in the battle of the bulge: tights that fight cellulite. While these leggings, which were developed with retailer John Lewis, aren't the first that have used cellulite reduction as a primary marketing ploy, their £15 price tag makes Scala Bio-Fir leggings perhaps the first affordable pair.
So how do Scala Bio-Fir leggings work? The gallery above contains the graphic Scala and John Lewis released, but essentially the leggings are outfitted with crystals that, when they come in contact with the skin, emit infrared rays. Such rays increase the body's metabolism, which speeds the process of fat breakdown in the body. Wearing tights for weight loss? I'm still a bit skeptical, but if you try the Scala Bio-Fir leggings and have a good experience, let us know!
You can find the Scala Bio-Fir leggings at the link below, although when I checked this morning, they were sold out.
Are Scala Bio-Fir Leggings a New Tool in the Battle of the Bulge?
1. Cellulite-fighting Leggings - The emergence of leggings designed with cellulite-reducing properties presents an opportunity for the fashion industry to tap into the growing demand for body-positive and wellness-focused clothing.
2. Affordable Body-shaping Wear - The availability of affordable leggings with fat-burning features creates a disruptive innovation opportunity in the athleisure market, allowing more consumers to access body-shaping products.
3. Technological-infused Activewear - The integration of infrared technology in leggings demonstrates a trend towards incorporating advanced functionalities into activewear, paving the way for further innovations in the fitness and wellness industry.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the potential of producing cellulite-reducing leggings as a novel fashion statement that aligns with body positivity and wellness trends.
2. Athleisure - The athleisure industry can leverage the demand for affordable body-shaping wear with cellulite-fighting properties to tap into a wider customer base and disrupt the traditional activewear market.
3. Fitness and Wellness - The fitness and wellness industry can capitalize on the popularity of technologically-enhanced activewear to create innovative products that offer additional health benefits beyond traditional workout apparel.