Berlin, Germany art director and fashion stylist Saskia Schmidt recently came up with a slew of casual, old-school looks for her series 'Portraits from Coney Island.'
Each look is made to resemble clothing from the heyday of Coney Island. From carny couture to reserved bathers, Saskia Schmidt has a keen eye for retro styles. Still, this is not to say that the clothing is old fashioned; rather, Schmidt cleverly incorporates contemporary accents like clashing colors into the wider retro theme for a style that is at once original and familiar.
Of course, photoshoots simply aren't possible without a photographer. Yves Borgwardt deserves praise for his minimalist approach, which allows the viewer to focus neatly on Schmidt's prim designs.
This Saskia Schmidt Series is Old School and Prim
1. Retro-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to create modern clothing with a nostalgic touch, appealing to consumers seeking a unique and familiar style.
2. Clashing Colors - Potential for designers to experiment with bold and contrasting color combinations, creating eye-catching and expressive clothing.
3. Minimalist Photography - Chance for photographers to adopt a minimalistic approach, emphasizing the subject and allowing the fashion designs to take center stage.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can capitalize on the popularity of retro-inspired fashion by incorporating nostalgia into their designs and collections.
2. Design - Designers can explore the use of clashing colors to create visually striking and daring fashion pieces.
3. Photography - Photographers can embrace a minimalist aesthetic to capture the essence and details of fashion designs in a clean and focused manner.