The rise in street fashion blogs is incredible, but the Sartorialist is still the trend-setter leading the pack. He's recently been spotting, camera in hand, at Yale University and according to reports, he's being stalked around the campus by young fashionistas eager to get in his shots.
There's a fascination with what people are wearing in real life, hence the rise in street style sites. There's another current pop culture obsession with TV shows like the OC and Gossip Girl which feature young, affluent, private school prepsters.
It'll be interesting to see what Scott Schuman pulls together and if this sparks a new wave of "student style" or "college campus fashion" blogs!
Schuman's been branching out from his street style blog lately. Recently, he shot for Vogue Paris...
Sartorialist Hits Yale
1. Student Style - Creating a platform for college students to showcase their fashion sense and style could disrupt the fashion industry
2. Campus Fashion - Curating fashion content for college campuses could create new opportunities for targeted advertising and brand partnerships
3. Street Style - Exposing the current wave of street style on social media by top influencers will continue to drive popular trends
1. Fashion - Fashion companies can capitalize on the trend and create exclusive lines for college students
2. Social Media - Social Media companies can create and publicize platforms for showcasing student style and campus fashion
3. Advertising - Advertising companies can create targeted marketing campaigns for campus fashion trends and the potential for influencer endorsement deals.