The Sarah Rahbar 'Flags' series is an inventive set from the Iranian-born NYC artist. The majority of Rahbar's innovative ideas come from the contrast of the two very different cultures she's experienced, with the 'Flags' series as no exception.
The star-spangled banner is revamped, restitched and almost entirely transformed numerous times in the Sarah Rahbar 'Flags' series. The result is a work that boasts impeccable textile and layout skill, as well as deep symbolism.
Implications - The use of patriotic imagery in advertisements and branding allows a specific demographic to connect to a company on a personal level. By incorporating political and patriotic imagery into advertising, artists and businesses can secure a relationship with customers based on this emotional connection.
The Stars and Stripes Get a Makeover in the Sarah Rahbar 'Flags' Series
1. Revamped Flags - Artists and designers are transforming flags to create innovative and impactful artwork.
2. Textile and Layout Skill - The use of impeccable textile and layout skills in art and design can create visually stunning and meaningful works.
3. Political and Patriotic Imagery - Incorporating political and patriotic imagery in advertising and branding can create emotional connections with customers.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can explore new ways to transform traditional symbols, such as flags, to create unique and meaningful artwork.
2. Advertising and Branding - The advertising and branding industry can incorporate political and patriotic imagery to create more emotional connections with their target audience.
3. Textile and Fashion - The textile and fashion industry can utilize impeccable textile and layout skills to create visually stunning and innovative designs.