The upcoming Santa Monica Mac Store is a manifestation of the always expanding mogul's aesthetic philosophy: simple, transparent and made of glass!
According to the Santa Monica Planning Commission, Apple is erecting yet another storefront in the area, despite the presence of a nearby chain store around the corner. This boutique, however, is somewhat unique: it's composed entirely of glass. With the exception of some necessary rebar, the Santa Monica Mac Store is an 8,000-square-foot monolith dedicated to the company's best products. Replacing a location of the now-defunct book vendor Borders, the store intends to inspire awe in all pedestrians on L.A.'s Third Street Promenade.
After advertising or word-of-mouth, the architecture of the company's storefront represents their first impression with the customer. Design firms are becoming more and more aware that in order to win the attention of consumers, their business establishment has to reflect their business culture.
The Santa Monica Mac Store is Made Entirely of Glass
1. Transparent Architecture - Architecture firms can design more glass-constructed buildings for companies looking to make a bold visual statement.
2. Retail Design Aesthetics - Retail design companies can incorporate unique visual designs like glass walls to draw more attention to their client's products.
3. Innovative Storefronts - Companies can explore innovative and unconventional storefront designs to attract more customers to their products.
1. Retail - Retail companies looking to impress their customers can incorporate unique store designs like glass walls.
2. Architecture - Architecture firms can specialize in designing modern glass-constructed buildings for corporate clients.
3. Construction - Construction companies can expand their services to include building glass-constructed structures for retail and corporate clients.