McDonald's Hong Kong's latest lineup of collectible toys features Sanrio characters dressed up as different fruits. With the success of past Hello Kitty collections, the new toys are sure to be a hit among fans of the adorable anime kitty.
The new toy collection consists of Sanrio characters dressed as seasonal fruits such as pineapples, watermelons and strawberries. Due to the popularity of such toys, McDonald's Hong Kong is offering the toys as a standalone set instead of as an addition to a Happy Meal. Customers also have the option to purchase individual characters alongside any food purchase. For true collectors, there are four additional fruit-themed toys that can only be acquired via McCafe drink vouchers or by ordering McDelivery.
The promotion demonstrates that the popularity of McDonald's special toy collections is not limited to children ordering Happy Meals.
McDonald's New Toys Feature Sanrio Characters in the Shape of Various Fruits
1. Collectible Toy Trend - Creating collectible toys featuring popular characters can be a successful marketing strategy to attract customers of all ages.
2. Branded Character Toy Trend - Collaborating with popular brands, such as Sanrio in this case, to create themed toys can drive customer engagement and increase brand awareness.
3. Exclusive Toy Redemption Trend - Offering exclusive toys that can only be obtained through specific channels, such as McCafe drink vouchers or McDelivery, can incentivize customers to make additional purchases.
1. Fast Food Industry - Fast food chains can leverage collectible toy promotions to attract customers and increase sales.
2. Toy Industry - The popularity of collectible toys presents an opportunity for toy manufacturers to collaborate with restaurants or brands to create limited-edition toy sets.
3. Marketing Industry - Marketing companies can help businesses implement successful collectible toy campaigns that resonate with customers.