'Back to the Future,' 'Doctor Who' and other time traveling cult classics have instilled a desire to view the past, present and future in a simultaneous fashion; the photographic work of Samantha Decker provides a realistic way to do just that. Since hopping into a Time Machine isn't possible just yet, Samantha Decker cleverly juxtaposes modern day images on top of vintage ones concerning the same location in order to show the difference a few years have made.
Titled 'Now & Then: Seeing the Future from the Past,' Samantha Decker essentially puts her own spin on this photography fad. Instead of seamlessly blending in the scenes, she lets her hand stay in the frame in order to show her active involvement.
Samantha Decker Captures a Glimpse of the Future From the Past
1. Time Travel Photography - Using modern day images and vintage ones, time travel photography captures the difference a few years have made.
2. Futuristic Nostalgia - Fusing past and present, futuristic nostalgia provides a unique perspective on the evolution of time.
3. Active Involvement Photography - Incorporating the photographer's hand in the frame showcases active involvement and adds a personal touch to the images.
1. Photography - The photography industry can explore new techniques and styles to capture time travel experiences and create engaging content.
2. Travel and Tourism - The travel and tourism industry can leverage time travel photography to showcase the transformation of destinations and attract visitors.
3. Art and Design - The art and design industry can embrace futuristic nostalgia as a creative concept and incorporate it into various visual mediums and installations.