The conceptual Salus Mask has been designed by product design technology BSC student at the Loughborough University Tom Dixon as a solution for firefighters and professionals alike. The mask is futuristically designed with a connected functionality that would filter out smoke, dust and particulate matter from the air. This would allow the wearer to go about their duty or job with a bit more ease without having to run the risk of triggering any health issues from developing.
The conceptual Salus Mask maintains a streamlined aesthetic that, while advanced, would still be able to maintain comfort for the wearer. The connected mask would be able to analyze the air in order to adapt the protection according to the environmental conditions for a truly customized experience.
The Salus Mask Protects from Smoke and Particulate Matter
1. Futuristic Face Masks - Innovative face masks are being designed with additional features for multiple industries.
2. Connected PPE - Personal protective equipment is integrating more technology for better functionality and safety.
3. Smart Air Filtration - Air filtering technology is becoming more advanced and customizable for professional settings.
1. Firefighting - Smart face masks could improve safety and health for firefighters during rescue operations.
2. Manufacturing - Connected PPE could be used in manufacturing to protect workers from harmful chemicals and particles.
3. Healthcare - Smart air filtration technology could help healthcare professionals maintain a clean and safe environment for patients.