Supreme launches a new collection designed for the Spring 2022 season made in collaboration with Roy DeCarava. The capsule is made up of graphic tees and hooded sweaters. DeCarava was born in 1919 in Harlen and for upwards of 60 years, has been capturing iconic photography that is still prominent today.
His work was first exhibited in 1059 and has been critically acclaimed since. Talking about this, Robert Smith states that “DeCarava’s work is itself the best of both worlds. Visually rigorous yet incalculably sensitive to the human predicament and the psychology of everyday life, especially concerning but not limited to African-Americans.” This can be seen on a set of two tees and a hoodie and the hoodie comes in five different colors.
Image Credit: Supreme
Supreme and Roy DeCarava Work Celebrates Malcolm X
1. Heritage-inspired Streetwear - Opportunities for apparel brands to celebrate cultural heritage and history through graphic designs and collaborations with notable artists and photographers.
2. Nostalgic Brand Collaborations - Opportunities for brands to collaborate with artists to create collections that blend their iconic styles and aesthetics with modern streetwear designs.
3. Culturally Relevant Fashion - Opportunities for fashion brands to create collections that celebrate and honor the heritage of underrepresented communities.
1. Apparel - The apparel industry can create graphic tees and hooded sweaters that blend cultural heritage with modern streetwear aesthetics.
2. Photography - Opportunities for photographers to collaborate with fashion brands and create photography-inspired apparel collections that pay homage to iconic artists and photographers.
3. Art - The art industry can collaborate with fashion brands to create unique and culturally relevant apparel collections that showcase an artist's work and style.