The promotion for ROX energy drink included handing out masks with eyes printed on them to passengers asleep on trains, buses and airplanes in Berlin. The masks create the illusion of a wide-awake state, that ROX can give you. However, the male mask is a bit freaky.
Implications - In order for consumers to really pay attention to the advertising efforts of a brand, they need to be engaged through interaction. A person is more likely to remember something they were a part of or actually experienced more than they would an advert that simply flashes by them. Getting the consumer involved in the ad strategy will make a company really stand out.
1. Interactive Advertising - Create advertising campaigns that engage consumers through interaction to make a lasting impression.
2. Experiential Marketing - Develop marketing strategies that allow consumers to actively participate and experience a brand, increasing brand recall.
3. Illusion Marketing - Incorporate optical illusions in marketing campaigns to captivate and intrigue consumers, leaving a lasting impression.
1. Beverage Industry - Implement interactive advertising and experiential marketing tactics to differentiate energy drink brands in a saturated market.
2. Advertising Industry - Leverage illusion marketing techniques to create captivating and memorable advertising campaigns for clients.
3. Tourism Industry - Utilize interactive advertising and experiential marketing to engage tourists and enhance their travel experiences.