Fashion label A.P.C. prepares to launch a new capsule of warm quilts entitled the 'Round 16' series and designer Jessica Ogden highlights technical construction to the traditional pieces. The collection names each piece after classical music terms including 'Fugue in C' and 'Prelude in E.'
This musical influence nods to founder Jean Touitou and his admiration of the poetry that lies behind these classical scores. There is also a selection of cushions that are created to accompany the quilts, and it boasts names such as 'Andante' and 'Crescendo,' referring to the musical intensity and passages. The lookbook is shot by Alfredo Piola and it takes place at the highest Jamaican mountain, the Blue Mountain Peak.
Image Credit: Alfredo Piola
A.P.C.'s Round 16 Quilts are Entitled After Classical Music Influences
1. Musical-inspired Design - Opportunity for fashion brands to create products influenced by classical music themes, providing a unique and artistic appeal.
2. Quilted Fashion - Growing trend of incorporating quilting techniques in fashion, offering warmth and comfort with a stylish twist.
3. Artistic Collaborations - Increased interest in collaborations between fashion and other forms of art, creating unique and visually appealing products.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore incorporating musical motifs and quilting techniques into their designs.
2. Home Decor - Home decor brands can consider adding musical-themed quilts and cushions to their product offerings.
3. Art and Design - Art and design industries can collaborate with fashion brands to create artistic quilted products inspired by classical music.