Ritz-Carlton Charlotte proves that a green experience doesn't have to be all crunchy and granola. By including energy and water conservation with the use of locally sourced building materials, the luxury hotel chain created a property that combines ecological concern with extravagant lodging.
Construction managers for the Ritz-Carlton Charlotte even contracted fixture maker Kohler Co. to design a low-flow showerhead that wouldn't leave guest's expectations high and dry. The end result of all this effort is the first LEED-built luxury hotel in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Ritz-Carlton Charlotte Luxury Doesn't Sacrifice the Environment
1. Eco-friendly Luxury - The luxury industry can introduce eco-friendly practices and materials to their products and services to appeal to the environmentally-conscious consumers.
2. Green Building Materials - The construction industry can innovate by using locally sourced and sustainable building materials in their projects to address the growing demand for eco-friendly buildings.
3. Water-efficient Fixtures - Companies can create water-efficient fixtures without sacrificing user experience to address water scarcity issues.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can make use of eco-friendly practices to improve their environmental impact and appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Construction - The construction industry can innovate by using sustainable and locally sourced building materials to address the increasing demand for eco-friendly buildings.
3. Plumbing Fixtures - Plumbing fixture manufacturers can create innovative low-flow fixtures that conserve water without sacrificing user experience.