Winning 1st Place in the Non-Alcoholic Beverage category at the 2014 Dieline Awards, Ridna Marka's juice branding pushes boundaries with its collaged visuals. The Ukranian juice line consists of four flavors that include clear apple, orange, tomato and cloudy apple.
The inspiration for the juice's branding and name is taken from the Soviet style of the 60s and 70s, a visual aesthetic that is regaining prevalence in the worlds of typography and design.
The idea behind this packaging was not only to recreate the look and feel of USSR groceries but to use nostalgic branding to sell a delicious product. Designer Yurko Gutsulyak's Ridna Marka branding concept can also be arranged to form a larger image that boasts illustrated versions of the juice's ingredients.
Ridna Marka Juice Cartons Come Together to Form a Vivid Picture
1. Collage Branding - Opportunity for juice and non-alcoholic beverage brands to use visually striking and nostalgic collaged packaging to stand out and appeal to consumers.
2. Revival of Soviet Aesthetic - Emerging trend in typography and design to incorporate Soviet-era visuals and nostalgia into branding and advertising.
3. Illustrated Ingredients - Trend towards using illustrated versions of product ingredients in packaging design to communicate the natural and healthy aspects of the product.
1. Beverage - Opportunity for juice and non-alcoholic beverage brands to stand out in a crowded market with creative, visually striking packaging.
2. Design - Growing demand for designers who can incorporate nostalgic and visually captivating aesthetics in branding and advertising.
3. Illustration - Increasing opportunity for illustrators to contribute to innovative product design by creating illustrated versions of product ingredients to communicate healthy and natural aspects of the product.